can become the member of a library?
What is the procedure to become a member?
- Any person resident of the district or working in some public sector organization in the district is eligible to become a member of the library. For more details click.
How to procure a copy of the membership/renewal form?
- To avail the services of a library the user has to procure a membership form, duly fill it and deposit it in the library office with requisite fee and documents. For details click.
What are the steps followed to get a book issued from a library?
- The form can be obtained from the library free of cost or it can be downloaded from this site. To download the form click.
- The steps followed to borrow a book from the library are,
Come to the library office with the member card
issued to you.
Leave the card at the issue counter and go to the stack room area and locate the book/document you need with the help of the catalogue.
Bring the book/s to the issue counter and get it issued against your card number.
Mind the Due Date.
How much fee one needs to pay to become member?
What is the procudure to get the security refund at the time of withdrawl of membership?
- The member has to pay nothing for availing the services of the library. However, he/she has to deposit a refundable security of Rs.500 in case of general public and Rs.250 in case of public sector employee. The security is refunded back at the time of withdrawl of the membership.
What are the timings of the libraries?
- To get the security refund the member has to give a simple hand written application along with the membership card in the library and the required action is taken by the office.
- The timings of the library are as follows:
Summer (March to October)
Reading Room 8.30am to 6pm.
Book Circulation/office 11am to 6pm.
- Winter(November to February)
Reading Room 8.30am to 5pm.
Book Circualtion/office 10am to 5pm.
Sometimes some minor, temporary variations may be there. For more details contact the concerned library.
What is the list of holidays?
How many books are issued and for how many days?
- The library remains closed on all public holidays as mentioned in Punjab Govt. official calender and also on the last Thursday of every month.
What is the overdue fine charged?
- At a time two books are issued for a period of two weeks to each user. For details click.
What the user has to pay in case of damage/loss of books/material issued in their name?
- The rate of fine charged for overdue of books/material is at Rs.1/day. For details click.
- In case of damage/loss of books/material the user has to either pay for or replace the damage. For details click.